Oh the holidays! Such an exciting time of the year and I love giving! I love festivities, carols, cranberries, and most of all the smell of fir trees! I might be a bit late with this post, but it could still be helpful for next years Christmas ideas.
So I've been creating my wish lists for Christmas and there tends to be a trend this year for photographic gear. I wanted to share some of my picks for this years wish list! I tried to pick a range of gifts at different price points that you can get for photographers. Check out my lists below:
Top 5 Gifts for Photographers (At least this one)
1. Nikon D750 - For those with a large budget, this is an excellent gift for the professional photographer. I personally have been salivating to get my hands on one of these. Whether a new photographer looking to go pro, or an established one needing a second camera body, this is a top contender for DSLR's this season. It has a high price tag ($2,296.95 at Amazon.com right now) but it's well worth the price. The only comparable Canon product would probably be close to this one.
2. Nikon SB-700 flash - I have been looking into flashes lately since I don't actually own one yet. This isn't the newest model, but at this point I just need a flash. If you want the latest and greatest for Nikon camera users, it would be the Nikon SB-910 but it is more expensive. For Canon users you might look at this one for a price friendly option.
3. Continuous Light - I've been looking for a good price friendly setup for a continuous light situation that can be used for video and studio work. I found these when I was perusing around the inter webs one day. I'm in love with the price at a clean $109.99 on Amazon.com. I've been wanting something for studio lighting and I've been wanting to get into making videos.
4. WD My Passport - Storage! I'm in bad need and I cannot think of any photographer who wouldn't like more storage solutions! This one from Western Digital has 2 TB of storage, wireless connection to multiple devices, an SD card slot for instant download, and an amazing price ($219 on Amazon.com). I love the idea of having one of these in my camera bag that can instantly take photos from a card after a shoot and then wirelessly connect to the computer when I'm ready to edit. Also makes a good stocking stuffer.
5. Camera Lens Mug - And finally there are some excellent fun gifts to give from Photojojo.com that include these cool camera lens mugs (the Canon versions are here)! You can never have too many mugs in my opinion, and these are great for the photographer in everyone.
Top 3 Stocking Stuffers for Photographers
2. Pocket Spotlight - for lighting areas that need more fill light in a pinch.
3. Camera Rotating Stand - like this one that turns it around 360 degrees for timelapse shots.
Those are just some of the awesome ideas you can get for photographers. If you want a more detailed list, try watching this video by FroKnowsPhoto.com. It's a long video but is packed with great gift ideas! Happy Holidays everyone!